Eagle County implements 'Stage 1' fire restrictions starting June 8
Due to the combination of unusually high temperatures, dry conditions and light winter snowpack, there is an increased risk for wildfires throughout Colorado. According to the National Weather Service, the drought in the state of Colorado is going to persist and intensify as the summer moves forward.
As a result, Eagle County has implemented “Stage I” fire restrictions that will take effect at 12:01 a.m., Friday June 8, prohibiting all open burning for private lands in unincorporated Eagle County and within the Town of Red Cliff.
· Open fires in charcoal or gas fire grills commonly used for home preparation of meals.
· Open fires in exterior, in-ground decorative natural-gas appliances or fire-pits with listed pilot safety and flame safeguard devices in working order.
· Recreational fires in developed areas fully contained in a commercially purchased portable outdoor fireplace (i.e. a metal, in-ground or above ground containment structure) with approved spark arrester, water supply nearby, and located an appropriate distance from combustible material (15 feet).
· A fire within a furnace, stove, boiler, or other place within a house or structure.
· Smoking within an enclosed vehicle or building or in a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least 3 feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable vegetation.
Activities Not Allowed:
· Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or “open fire” of any type on private lands outside of a developed campground or recreational area with fire grates (unless authorized with written approval by Eagle County and appropriate fire protection district).
· Wood burning stoves
· Camp stoves on private lands, commercially purchased/approved camping stoves and/or backpacking stoves may be allowed on federal lands, unless otherwise prohibited. For information on restrictions for Federal Lands and other Counties throughout the State of Colorado visit http://www.coemergency.com/p/fire-ban-info.html
· Improperly discarded smoking materials, including but not limited to cigarette butts and matches.
· Using explosive material i.e. fire crackers, fireworks, tracer rounds, blasting caps or any incendiary device which may result in the ignition of flammable material.
· Operating or using a chainsaw or any internal combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working condition.
· Possessing, discharging, or using any kind of firework or other pyrotechnic device, to include sparklers.
· Welding or operating acetylene or other torch with an open flame except within an area that is barren or cleared of all flammable material within 10 feet of equipment.
Anyone found in violation of the fire restrictions may be convicted of a class 2 petty offense and may be subject to a $500 fine. Higher fines may be imposed for subsequent offenses.
Due to the increased risk for wildland fires, The Eagle County Sheriff's Office would like to encourage residents to take personal responsibility and prepare before a wildland fire occurs.
Homes in or near forested areas are classified as Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) areas, and are at risk in any wildfire event. When you build or buy a home in one of the WUI areas, you have accepted the fact that these areas may have poor access, dense vegetation, steep slopes, and poor or no water supply for fire suppression. To prevent a tragedy, you need to be aware of wildfire hazards and what to do when a wildfire occurs in your area.
Check with your local fire department to determine the wildfire hazard in your area, and what can be done to reduce the hazard. Obtain guidelines for creating a “defensible space” around your home that will increase the chances that your home may survive a wildfire. Create defensible space of at least 30 ft. by doing the following:
• Trimming branches.
• Thinning tree and brush cover.
• Removing dead limbs and other litter.
• Maintaining an irrigated greenbelt.
• Mowing dry grasses and weeds.
• Cleaning your roof and gutters.
• Pruning branches to 10 ft. above the ground.
In addition, stay aware of the latest emergency notifications by signing up for EC Alert at www.ecalert.org.
If you are warned to evacuate your home remember to:
Follow the instructions and advice of emergency responders. If you are told to evacuate, do so promptly.
If you are instructed to go to a certain location, go there - don't go anywhere else. If certain travel routes are specified or recommended, use those routes rather than trying to find short cuts of your own.
If you are advised to shut off your water, gas, or electric service's before leaving home, do so. Also, find out where emergency shelters are located, in case you need to use them.
16 Comments on "Eagle County implements 'Stage 1' fire restrictions starting June 8"
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:25 p.m.
I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Spouwmuurisolatie Sint-Gillis-Waas
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:32 p.m.
You completed certain reliable points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog. Spouwmuurisolatie Sint-Laureins
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:34 p.m.
Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job! Spouwmuurisolatie Sint-Lievens-Houtem
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:36 p.m.
wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Spouwmuurisolatie Sint-Martens-Latem
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:37 p.m.
I have been searching to find a comfort or effective procedure to complete this process and I think this is the most suitable way to do it effectively. Spouwmuurisolatie Sint-Niklaas
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:39 p.m.
You re in point of fact a just right webmaster. The website loading speed is amazing. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a fantastic activity on this subject! Spouwmuurisolatie Stekene
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:40 p.m.
Going to graduate school was a positive decision for me. I enjoyed the coursework, the presentations, the fellow students, and the professors. And since my company reimbursed 100% of the tuition, the only cost that I had to pay on my own was for books and supplies. Otherwise, I received a free master’s degree. All that I had to invest was my time. Spouwmuurisolatie Temse
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:42 p.m.
Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Spouwmuurisolatie Waasmunster
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:43 p.m.
The writer is enthusiastic about purchasing wooden furniture on the web and his exploration about best wooden furniture has brought about the arrangement of this article. Spouwmuurisolatie Wachtebeke
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:44 p.m.
Hi buddies, it is great written piece entirely defined, continue the good work constantly. Spouwmuurisolatie Wetteren
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:45 p.m.
very interesting post.this is my first time visit here.i found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post! Spouwmuurisolatie Wichelen
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:48 p.m.
I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Spouwmuurisolatie Wortegem-Petegem
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:49 p.m.
Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. Spouwmuurisolatie Zele
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:51 p.m.
this blog was really great, never seen a great blog like this before. i think im gonna share this to my friends.. Spouwmuurisolatie Zelzate
mrseo – April 19, 2023, at 12:52 p.m.
Really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us.Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this. Its really good. Spouwmuurisolatie Zottegem
Hammad Amir – Sept. 14, 2022, at 4:09 a.m.
Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. crypto wallet