Real AspenDecember 3, 2010
BEAVER CREEK – The Audi Birds of Prey men's downhill was canceled Friday due to high winds. The original 11 a.m. start had been delayed twice before the jury made the decision to call the race at 1:30 p.m. The super G is scheduled for Saturday at 11 a.m. as originally planned, with a giant slalom on Sunday.

Meanwhile, the women managed to get in a World Cup downhill at Lake Louise, Canada, and Vail's Lindsey Vonn came in second to Germany's Maria Riesch, who padded her overall lead by a few more points. In Colorado, however, wind cost the men their race.

Ski and Snowboard Club Vail product Lindsey Vonn storms to second in Lake Louise downhill Friday.
Courtesy of U.S. Ski Team

"It's howling pretty hard up there. Unfortunately Mother Nature took control," said Head Coach Sasha Rearick. "It's a big disappointment because the effort that went into putting this race on was absolutely perfect - the work the race crew did and the events department did to put this on was amazing. It almost makes me want to cry because you don't get to run it. The track was awesome."

The U.S. Ski Team will start an impressive group of nine athletes in tomorrow's super G led by Olympic medalists Bode Miller (Franconia, NH), Ted Ligety (Park City, UT) and Andrew Weibrecht (Lake Placid, NY). Also in the gate are Steven Nyman (Sundance, UT), Marco Sullivan (Squaw Valley, CA), Erik Fisher (Middleton, ID), Travis Ganong (Squaw Valley, CA), Tommy Ford (Bend, OR) and NorAm super G champion Chris Frank (Windham, NY).

In Canada, Olympic champion Vonn kept her success streak at Lake Louise alive finishing second in the opening downhill of the 2011 Audi FIS Alpine World Cup season as seven Americans stormed the top 30. Surging Julia Mancuso, an Olympic champion from Squaw Valley, Calif., was just shy of the podium in fourth.

Both Vonn and Mancuso debuted personally designed Spyder speed suits during the women's downhill opener. For the third season Vonn will wear a new Spyder design for each speed weekend this winter.

"I thought I skied really well and unfortunately it wasn't enough for the win today, but I'm really happy with second place," said a sniffling Vonn who is fighting a head cold. "It's just a cold. I've raced through a lot worse things than a cold so I didn't even consider not racing today."

Vonn has a career 12 podium finishes in Lake Louise since earning the first World Cup victory there in 2004. She had carried a record streak of five consecutive downhill wins into today's race.

With clear skies and a hard track, Friday's downhill was a tight race with the top three all within two tenths. Riesch (1:28.96) bumped friend and rival Vonn (1:29.08) out of the hot seat by a mere .12, while Austria's Elisabeth Goergl closed out the podium.

"The whole U.S. team did a great job," added Vonn. "We had seven girls in the top 30 and that just shows that we are skiing really well as a team. We've shown in training that we can be fast and I'm glad we stepped it up for the race."

Mancuso said she was skiing while thinking of best friend Chemmy Alcott of Great Brittan, who suffered a severely broken leg in the final training run Thursday.

"I skied solid, but there's definitely room to go faster," said Mancuso, who was on her way to visit Alcott at the hospital in nearby Banff. "I had a long day yesterday just worrying about my friend and going to the hospital just waiting her for her to get done with surgery, so it's nice to have a solid race run under my belt."

Alice McKennis (Glenwood Springs, CO) ran first and spent a good portion of time in the leader box before slipping to 11th. Leanne Smith (Conway, NH), Laurenne Ross (Klamath Falls, OR), Stacey Cook (Mammoth, CA) and Chelsea Marshall (Pittsfield, VT) all scored World Cup points by landing inside the top 30.

"Conditions were awesome, hard, icy and very challenging for the girls – It was a very good race," said Head Coach Alex Hoedlmoser. "Pretty much the whole downhill team is producing results and that's good to see. Everyone is really fired up for tomorrow to have a better result than today. The girls aren't even satisfied with their rankings, so it's good for them all."

"Everyone skied really well," added Mancuso. "A couple people had higher expectations because of the training runs, but in general this was pretty cool."

The women will be in the start house again on Saturday for a second Audi FIS Alpine World Cup downhill in Lake Louise.

Universal Sports will air the race live on both www.UniversalSports.com and its 24-hour TV network.

OFFICIAL RESULTS

11. Alice McKennis, Glenwood Springs, CO, 1:30.76
20. Leanne Smith, Conway, NH, 1:31.23
22. Laurenne Ross, Klamath Falls, OR, 1:31.29
25. Stacey Cook, Mammoth, CA, 1:31.39
27. Chelsea Marshall, Pittsfield, VT, 1:31.48
47. Julia Ford, Plymouth, NH, 1:32.78

comments: 28 Comments on "Birds of Prey men's downhill scrapped by wind, but Vail's Vonn earns another podium at Lake Louise"

pacicak992 – July 13, 2022, at 6:44 a.m.

Thank you, I have just been looking for information about this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered till now. But, what about the conclusion? Are you sure about the source? 토토사이트추천

pacicak992 – July 14, 2022, at 5:20 a.m.

Very fine write-up. I actually really came across a person’s blog site plus needed so that you can point out this I’ve actually loved browsing a person’s site plus content. Anyhow I’ll often be checking a person’s feast plus I actually hope so that you can examine a person’s site again. https://strongtoto.com/메이저사이트

pacicak992 – July 14, 2022, at 1:51 p.m.

I really prize your piece of work, Great post. クリックして表示

pacicak992 – July 16, 2022, at 6:31 a.m.

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything similar to this before. So nice to discover somebody with original ideas on this subject. realy thanks for starting this up. this web site is a thing that is required on the net, somebody if we do originality. beneficial job for bringing something new to the internet! Penegra 100 kaufen

pacicak992 – July 16, 2022, at 7:10 a.m.

There couple of intriguing points in time in this post but I do not know if I see these people center to heart. There is some validity but I most certainly will take hold opinion until I investigate it further. Great post , thanks and we want more! Included in FeedBurner likewise slot online pandora188

pacicak992 – July 16, 2022, at 7:27 a.m.

I am curious to find out what blog platform you are using? I’m having some small security problems with my latest website and I would like to find something more secure. Do you have any solutions? bestellen

pacicak992 – July 16, 2022, at 10:26 a.m.

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers! acquisto patente b

pacicak992 – July 17, 2022, at 12:10 p.m.

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thx again Salt Lake City SEO Company

pacicak992 – July 18, 2022, at 8:38 a.m.

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next! https://adkinstruments.in/products/flood-sensor-alarm

pacicak992 – July 19, 2022, at 11:00 a.m.

An impressive share, I just now with all this onto a colleague who had been doing a little analysis with this. And he the fact is bought me breakfast simply because I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending some time to discuss this, I’m strongly regarding it and really like reading regarding this topic. When possible, as you become expertise, does one mind updating your website with more details? It can be highly great for me. Massive thumb up for this short article! piso wifi 10.0.0.1 pause time

pacicak992 – July 21, 2022, at 7:11 a.m.

Good post here. One thing I’d like to say is most professional areas consider the Bachelor’s Degree just as the entry level requirement for an online certification. Even though Associate Qualifications are a great way to begin with, completing the Bachelors starts up many opportunities to various jobs, there are numerous online Bachelor Diploma Programs available by institutions like The University of Phoenix, Intercontinental University Online and Kaplan. Another issue is that many brick and mortar institutions offer Online versions of their degree programs but generally for a drastically higher price than the providers that specialize in online degree programs. tranny tube

pacicak992 – July 21, 2022, at 7:43 a.m.

Can I just now say thats a relief to uncover someone that in fact knows what theyre dealing with online. You actually realize how to bring a problem to light to make it important. Lots more people have to ought to see this and can see this side of your story. I cant believe youre less well-liked since you also absolutely hold the gift. 0x0 0x0

pacicak992 – July 23, 2022, at 12:48 a.m.

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything similar to this prior to. So nice to find somebody with original thoughts on this subject. realy appreciate beginning this up. this excellent website are some things that is required on-line, an individual after a little originality. helpful job for bringing new things towards web! internet providers toronto

pacicak992 – July 24, 2022, at 9:39 a.m.

Beginning with the unnecessary flashback to the tale of Kirk’s father’s heroism, we’re treated to one tired battle scene after another. becalculator.com

pacicak992 – July 28, 2022, at 11:34 a.m.

Fine page! I absolutely relished the very examining. I hope to learn from much more from your website. There’s no doubt that that you’ve exceptional information into as well as eye sight. Now i’m exceedingly encouraged on this content. Bestseller

pacicak992 – July 28, 2022, at 11:42 a.m.

Can I just now say thats a relief to uncover someone that in fact knows what theyre dealing with online. You actually realize how to bring a problem to light to make it important. Lots more people have to ought to see this and can see this side of your story. I cant believe youre less well-liked since you also absolutely hold the gift. mercy smart square

pacicak992 – July 28, 2022, at 11:51 a.m.

Employee relations should be given more importance in an office environment as well as on any other business establishment. https://soap2day.party/

pacicak992 – July 31, 2022, at 7:37 a.m.

There are a couple of fascinating points with time in this article but I don’t determine if they all center to heart. You can find some validity but I most certainly will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good post , thanks therefore we want a lot more! Included with FeedBurner as well movies123

pacicak992 – July 31, 2022, at 7:41 a.m.

It constantly is amazing to me how blog writers for example your self can find some time along with the commitment to carry on composing outstanding blogposts. Your blog isterrific and one of my must read blogs. I just had to thank you. medium-fr

pacicak992 – Aug. 01, 2022, at 5:04 a.m.

i like war movies and inglourious basterds is one of the movies that i really love,, virtual visa or mastercard buy for online payment

pacicak992 – Aug. 01, 2022, at 5:08 a.m.

Gaga tweeted a voicemail coupled with a backlink to Japan Prayer Bracelets. She specially designed a bracelet, with pretty much all sales revenue going to Japanese relief plans https://lastamericangirl.com/product-category/tee-shirts/

pacicak992 – Aug. 01, 2022, at 9:35 a.m.

I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a weblog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail for the head. Your concept is outstanding; ab muscles an element that there are not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. I will be delighted we came across this within my search for something relating to this. where can i get sleeping pills in uk

pacicak992 – Aug. 04, 2022, at 3:05 a.m.

whoah this blog is excellent i really like reading your posts. Keep up the good paintings! You recognize, lots of people are searching around for this info, you could aid them greatly. 바카라사이트

pacicak992 – Aug. 15, 2022, at 12:35 a.m.

En tant qu'auto entrepreneur, il est important d'avoir une solide compréhension de la comptabilité et de la tenue de livres. Après tout, vous serez responsable du suivi de vos revenus et dépenses, ainsi que de la déclaration de vos impôts. Bien que vous puissiez engager un comptable pour faire ce travail à votre place, il est souvent plus rentable d'effectuer ces tâches vous-même. La bonne nouvelle est qu'il existe de nombreux cours de comptabilité en ligne qui peuvent vous aider à vous mettre à niveau. Qu'il s'agisse des principes de base de la comptabilité ou de stratégies plus avancées de déclaration de revenus, ces cours peuvent vous apporter les connaissances et la confiance dont vous avez besoin pour gérer efficacement vos finances. De plus, la plupart des cours de comptabilité en ligne peuvent être suivis à votre propre rythme, ce qui vous permet d'apprendre au moment qui vous convient. Avec un peu de formation, vous pouvez facilement devenir votre propre comptable auto entrepreneur. formation comptabilité

pacicak992 – Aug. 15, 2022, at 9:46 a.m.

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I will definitely be back. piso wifi 10.0.0.1 pause time

pacicak992 – Aug. 15, 2022, at 10:55 a.m.

Oh my goodness! a wonderful write-up dude. Thank you However I will be experiencing issue with ur rss . Do not know why Struggle to sign up to it. Perhaps there is everyone finding identical rss dilemma? Anybody who knows kindly respond. Thnkx Navigate to the Closest Grocery Store

pacicak992 – Aug. 16, 2022, at 9:57 a.m.

Can I just now say thats a relief to uncover someone that in fact knows what theyre dealing with online. You actually realize how to bring a problem to light to make it important. Lots more people have to ought to see this and can see this side of your story. I cant believe youre less well-liked since you also absolutely hold the gift. Monoprice 110010

pacicak992 – Aug. 17, 2022, at 7:27 a.m.

I can`t aggree with you. I think other way than you. But it`s nice to read how someone else is thinking. Like it! audio to text converter online