U.S. Drought Monitor warns of 'extreme' conditions in northwest Colorado

Real AspenJune 1, 2012
The U.S. Drought Monitor expanded the area in northwest Colorado that is designated as being in extreme drought, growing 3 percent in the last week to cover about 10 percent of the state. The May 29 map, released Thursday, shows 100 percent of Colorado is experiencing some level of drought condition.

The extreme drought area abuts Eagle County and includes most of Garfield, Rio Blanco, and Routt counties as well as portions of Moffat, Pitkin, and Mesa counties. Drought intensity in Eagle County is D2, severe, and D3, extreme – just on the western boundary – on a scale of D0 to D4.

The U.S. Drought Monitor is one of several drought monitoring tools produced by the National Drought Mitigation Center that helps people assess drought severity and impacts. Another tool is the Vegetation Drought Response Index that depicts vegetation stress across the contiguous United States. The vegetation condition in Eagle County is described as pre-drought, moderate drought, and severe drought.

Water available for local vegetation could be limited this year. At Wednesday's Eagle River Valley State of the River meeting, Mage Hultstrand of the Natural Resources Conservation Service said the snow water equivalent for the Eagle River basin on May 30 was just three percent of the historical average.

Hultstrand also noted the Vail Mountain SNOTEL (snow telemetry) site melted out completely on April 7, nearly eleven weeks earlier than normal, and said stream flows for the Eagle River below Gypsum are forecast to be at 43 percent of average.

With community water supply largely dependent upon adequate flows in local streams and rivers, Eagle River Water and Sanitation District encourages its customers to take action to lessen the impact of drought.

Customers are also urged to protect their investment made in landscaping by following best practices that encourage a deep root system, which helps plants get through dry spells.

Should drought conditions persist, ERWSD officials say water available for irrigation and other outdoor uses may be less than normal, or unavailable, this year. Currently, normal year-round Water Use Regulations are in effect. For more information go to www.erwsd.org or call ERWSD Customer Service at 970-477-5451.

comments: 32 Comments on "U.S. Drought Monitor warns of 'extreme' conditions in northwest Colorado"

HUSSAIN ALI – March 08, 2021, at 12:20 p.m.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us. DP-203 exam dumps

HUSSAIN ALI – March 10, 2021, at 12:01 p.m.

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. GEPCO Bill

HUSSAIN ALI – March 14, 2021, at 5:41 a.m.

Extraordinary things you've generally imparted to us. Simply continue written work this sort of posts.The time which was squandered in going for educational cost now it can be utilized for studies.Thanks nutrition value of banana

HUSSAIN ALI – March 16, 2021, at 1:18 p.m.

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work Sehat Insaf Card

HUSSAIN ALI – March 19, 2021, at 2:01 p.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. omegle kids

Tovo Data – March 24, 2021, at 7:18 a.m.

The TOVO Real Estate Data API is used to power apps and SaaS throughout industries that want the most accurate, trusted and comprehensive property data in near real-time. See what TOVO’s property data can do for your business real estate apis.

HUSSAIN ALI – March 24, 2021, at 1:05 p.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. Khula in Pakistan

HUSSAIN ALI – March 25, 2021, at 1:41 p.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. Lovely Pakistan

HUSSAIN ALI – March 25, 2021, at 1:41 p.m.

HUSSAIN ALI – March 27, 2021, at 2:05 p.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. hold person 5e

Martin Guptill – March 28, 2021, at 4:23 a.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. Best Shoes For Ultra Marathons

HUSSAIN ALI – March 28, 2021, at 11:02 a.m.

زواج المسيار أو زواج الإيثار هو زواج ومصطلح اجتماعي انتشر في العقود الأخيرة بالدول العربية وبعض الدول الإسلامية. ويعني أن رجلا مسلما متزوج زواجا شرعيا مكتمل الأركان من رضا الزوجين وولي الأمر والشاهدين وتوافق الزوجة على التنازل عن بعض حقوقها الشرعية في الزواج مثل السكن والمبيت والنفقة. وزواج المسيار محلل عند المسلمين من طائفة أهل السنة والجماعة. زواج المسيار

Martin Guptill – March 29, 2021, at 4:25 a.m.

Great work! Gave me exactly what I wanted and in the time frame as agreed! I will back for sure! Thanks for such a post and please keep it up Convert to Vevtor

HUSSAIN ALI – March 30, 2021, at 4:06 a.m.

Your work here on this blog has been top notch from day 1. You've been continously providing amazing articles for us all to read and I just hope that you keep it going on in the future as well. Cheers! projektowanie wnętrz Gdynia

Martin Guptill – April 01, 2021, at 2:12 p.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. Design Collaboration tools

Martin Guptill – April 08, 2021, at 1:38 p.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. Best gamming mobile

Martin Guptill – April 09, 2021, at 4:27 a.m.

안전놀이터

Martin Guptill – April 13, 2021, at 4:47 a.m.

Een heel geweldige blogpost. We zijn erg dankbaar voor je blogpost. Je zult veel benaderingen vinden na het bezoeken van je post. Ik was precies op zoek naar. Bedankt voor zo'n bericht en ga zo door. Goed gedaan Kralen verkoop

Martin Guptill – April 14, 2021, at 4:07 a.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. Silver Ring

johndavid – April 15, 2021, at 10:04 a.m.

Today coronavirus is becoming the major threat for countries even after vaccination people are getting affected, I write articles online on electricairfryers.com and if you want to buy the air fryer, you can simply check our collection. Do you want to know more, click on the link below?

Martin Guptill – April 19, 2021, at 11:17 a.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. Admission in University

HUSSAIN ALI – April 22, 2021, at 4:14 a.m.

Extremely helpful post. This is my first time i visit here. I discovered such a large number of intriguing stuff in your blog particularly its exchange. Truly its extraordinary article. Keep it up. best shoes for ankle support

Martin Guptill – April 22, 2021, at 8:17 a.m.

https://zero2.ch/ for congre, brasserie de malley, Architecture office Laussane, hewlett packard suisse, CCHE Lausanne, bureau de change nyon, malley lumiere

Martin Guptill – April 22, 2021, at 12:19 p.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. https://www.sabai99.com/

Martin Guptill – April 22, 2021, at 3:55 p.m.

Onze kredietreparatieservices werken eraan om kredietfouten uit het verleden te herstellen en de juistheid van kredietrapporten te verifiëren. Praat vandaag nog met een kredietreparatie-expert! Kralen verkoop

Martin Guptill – April 24, 2021, at 12:29 p.m.

Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon. Sell Any Car

john alexandar – April 25, 2021, at 4:54 p.m.

You are doing very well you guys should check this Product for your car,GPS with Backup Camera!

john alexandar – April 25, 2021, at 4:56 p.m.

I will surely bookmark your blog, This is Quiet helpful to me. Also check some discounted items thereCartsello!

Martin Guptill – April 29, 2021, at 4:54 a.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. Roman blinds Dubai

HUSSAIN ALI – May 01, 2021, at 5:01 a.m.

What is Placeholder Image Generator? An image placeholder is a dummy image designed to draw attention to the need for an actual image. Wikipedia image placeholders were meant to be used on articles, especially those of living people, for the purpose of trying to obtain a freely-licensed image for them.
placeholder image

Martin Guptill – May 01, 2021, at 12:46 p.m.

Thankyou for sharing the data which is beneficial for me and others likewise to see. health4foodies

HUSSAIN ALI – May 02, 2021, at 9:28 a.m.

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading. I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! single family homes for sale in myrtle beach sc