Vail chairlifts to open half hour earlier ahead of next snowstorm
While it's been a slow start so far to the 2011-12 ski season, the vast majority of the front side of Vail Mountain is now open, with more than 1,500 skiable acres. Lifts will open starting at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
Forecasters are calling for 1-3 inches of new snow on Wednesday night, and another 1-2 inches Thursday morning. Opensnow.com is eyeing two possible storms next week on Tuesday and Thursday.
Here are the lifts now open at Vail:
• Avanti Express Lift (#2)
• Wildwood Express Lift (#3)
• Mountaintop Express Lift (#4)
• Riva Bahn Express Lift (#6)
• Game Creek Express Lift (#7)
• Born Free Express Lift (#8)
• Highline Express Lift (#10)
• Northwoods Express Lift (#11)
• Gopher Hill Lift (#12)
• Sourdough Express Lift (#14)
• Little Eagle Lift (#15)
• Vista Bahn Express Lift (#16)
• Eagle Bahn Gondola (#19)
• Cascade Village Lift (#20)
• Pride Express Lift (#26)
For more information on Vail Mountain, go to Vail.com or call the Mountain Information Center at (970) SKI-VAIL (754-8425).
0 Comments on "Vail chairlifts to open half hour earlier ahead of next snowstorm"
Be the first to comment below.