CDOT outlines road closures for local stages of USA Pro Challenge
The USA Pro Challenge (USAPC) heads south to the Eagle Valley today [Thursday] as the cyclists race more than 102 miles from Steamboat Springs to Beaver Creek.
Drivers can anticipate closures or traffic slowing along the following three state highways (closure times are approximate):
· U.S. 40 eastbound & westbound through Steamboat Springs between Mount Werner Road and 13th Street/County Road 33 – closed 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
· State Highway 131 northbound from Wolcott to Oak Creek will be closed at various locations from noon to 3 p.m. as race proceeds south. Delays up to 60 minutes.
· SH 131 southbound from Oak Creek to Wolcott will remain open to traffic during this time. However, drivers using this route will be following the race and traveling slower than normal. Expect delays.
· U.S. 6 eastbound from Wolcott to Avon will be closed from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
· U.S. 6 westbound Avon to Edwards will be closed from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
To avoid the race, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) suggests motorists use I-70, U.S. 40 and SH 9.
The times for delays and closures are estimates only and may be subject to change depending on the pace of the riders, weather, and other unforeseen circumstances. CDOT reminds drivers to obey road signs, the Colorado State Patrol, and race officials.
In addition to the state highways, other impacted roadways include Routt County Roads 33 and 27, and Village Road in Beaver Creek.
Over the next four days, USAPC traveler information will be available at the CDOT website: www.cotrip.org/content/usapcc/. It lists all highways impacted by each race stage, and also refers visitors to official websites for local road closures. The site also contains information for motorists regarding anticipated delays, oversize/overweight restrictions, suggested alternative routes, long-term parking information, and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
For real-time information related to highway impacts, motorists are encouraged to sign up for CDOT’s email and text alerts, available at www.coloradodot.info by clicking on the green cell phone icon. Following CDOT on Twitter (@coloradodot) also provides current updates. Daily road closure information during the event will be available by calling 511 from anywhere in the state or by visiting www.cotrip.org.
Tomorrow’s Highway Impacts:
August 23/Stage 5/Vail Pass Individual Time Trial: U.S. 6 in Vail (Frontage Road), Interstate 70 westbound Vail Pass (right lane closed). Impacts begin at 10 a.m. and end by approximately 4 p.m.
130 Comments on "CDOT outlines road closures for local stages of USA Pro Challenge"