Living at Your Peak to feature A list of health, wellness, fitness experts in Vail Sept. 13-15
Marathon legends, cycling champions, renowned researchers and the nation's leading health and fitness experts will be among the presenters at Living at Your Peak (www.livingatyourpeak.org), the nation's only gathering designed to help health-conscious individuals and influencers discover how to live longer, better and impact the well-being of their world. The Vail Symposium recently announced the notable lineup of speakers for this inaugural event, to be held September 13-15, 2012, in Vail, Colo.
“Featuring one-on-one interactive sessions with recognized experts in an intimate setting, Living at Your Peak offers attendees the unique opportunity to share an exclusive, life-changing wellness experience,” said Jamie Stone, Living at Your Peak event champion and a board member of the Vail Symposium, a non-profit organization responsible for Living at Your Peak.
Tennis legend and health advocate Martina Navratilova will keynote the event. Jenna Wolfe, co-anchor of NBC News' Sunday TODAY show, will emcee. Living at Your Peak's renowned list of presenters includes experts in the areas of fitness, nutrition, cognitive health and well-being, preventive medicine, longevity and stress, sports fitness and personal health.
• Josiah Middaugh, professional triathlete, seven-time XTERRA national champion, eight-time American snowshoe champion, certified strength and conditioning specialist.
• Ellen Miller, manager and coach of the U.S. women's mountain running team, Mount Everest climber and adventure racer.
• Jeff Olson, RLT, champion skier, two-time Olympian, three-time national champion and Pan American Gold Medalist, co-founder and president of Well Nourished Worldwide, co-founder of the Metro Denver Health and Wellness Commission and the Zyozy Foundation.
• Uta Pippig, world-renowned marathoner, founder and president of Take The Magic Step, LLC and co-founder of the Take The Magic Step Foundation.
• Paul Anders, restaurateur, executive chef at Vail's Sweet Basil restaurant.
• James Hill, PhD, executive director of the Anschutz Center for Health and Wellness, leading expert and author on nutrition.
• Kelly Liken, former Top Chef and Iron Chef America contestant, proprietor of Vail's Kelly Liken Restaurant.
• Kevin Nelson, award-winning executive chef at Vail's Terra Bistro restaurant.
Cognitive Health and Well-Being
• Cheryl Chessick, MD, associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Colorado (CU) School of Medicine, director of women's studies and treatment at the CU Depression Center.
• Jack D. Edinger, PhD, insomnia researcher and clinician, professor in the Department of Medicine, Division of Sleep Medicine at National Jewish Health, adjunct professor at Duke University Medical Center.
• Clifford Saron, PhD, associate research scientist, Center for Mind and Brain and M.I.N.D. Institute, University of California, Davis.
• Matt Vogl, deputy director of the University of Colorado Depression Center
• C. Noel Bairey Merz, MD, director of the Women's Heart Center at Cedars-Sinai, trailblazer and leader in preventive heart health.
• Monique Giroux, MD, co-founder of the Movement and Neuroperformance Center of Colorado, medical director of movement disorders for Swedish Medical Center.
• Scott Small, MD, professor of neurology, Columbia Neuroscience, nationally renowned expert on brain health.
Longevity and Stress
• Eli Puterman, PhD, postdoctoral scholar at the University of California – San Francisco, recognized expert on the physical impact of chronic stress.
• Jay Williams, PhD, acclaimed physiologist and medical nutritionist, clinical professor, author, researcher, health and wellness consultant.
• Peter Millett, MD, director of shoulder surgery at the Steadman Clinic.
• John F. Murray, PhD, licensed clinical and sport psychologist in Palm Beach, Fla., has been recognized for his work with NFL teams and professional athletes.
• Inigo San Millán PhD, director of the Human Performance Lab at the University of Colorado's Anschutz Health and Wellness Center.
• Coen Wijdicks, PhD, director and senior staff scientist in the Steadman Philippon Research Institute's Department of BioMedical Engineering.
• Jeffrey L. Boone, MD, MS, consultant in cardiometabolic health, preventive cardiology and stress medicine in private practice in Denver, Colo.
To learn more about these presenters' Living at Your Peak sessions, visit www.livingatyourpeak.org.
Living at Your Peak is organized by the Vail Symposium, a grassroots, non-profit organization providing thought-provoking, diverse and affordable educational programs to the Vail Valley community. Event sponsors include Vail Valley Medical Center, HealthONE, the Town of Vail, The Steadman Clinic, Vail Summit Orthopaedics, Vail Resorts, PGA TOUR, Triumph Development, the Vail Daily, Vail Beaver Creek Magazine, Antlers at Vail, Vitality Center, Opedix, Udi's Gluten Free Foods, The Biegler Foundation, Colorado Access, Wendy and Paul Raether, the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center, Vail Luxury Magazine, The Denver Athletic Club and the Steadman Philippon Research Institute.
For more information about Living at Your Peak, please visit www.livingatyourpeak.org.
4 Comments on "Living at Your Peak to feature A list of health, wellness, fitness experts in Vail Sept. 13-15"